UPDATE: This site can now be viewed directly at http://www.recessiongardening.com
Sometime in about a week, I will be switching web hosts. This will enable me to let my blog better reflect the business behind it, which would otherwise be against WordPress.com policy.
All of the content (save this post) has been exported to the new (but offline) site already, including your comments. There will be no more ads. There will also be no more WordPress.com “likes”. But the blog will look much the same, with all the parts in the same place it has been, and you’ll have more options for sharing posts that you like.
Important highlights for regular readers:
- The web site address will still be recessiongardening.com, but at the switch or shortly thereafter, the site will direct to a static home page and there will be a menu option for the blog. Those of you with bookmarks will probably want to edit your bookmarks to go direct to the blog.
- Those of you who keep up with the latest posts by following on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ will still get updates that way.
- Those of you who keep up with the latest posts on RSS: It might work, or you might need to reset your feed. I am about 80% sure you will need to change nothing.
- Email subscribers: Your subscriptions will be moved for you to the new site.
- WordPress.com subscribers: Your subscriptions will be moved for you to the new site, but you will no longer get email notifications from WordPress.com. If you want email notifications, once the site is moved you will have the option to subscribe there.
- WordPress.com readers who aren’t subscribed but see us in Reader: The site will no longer appear in Reader unless you manually add it or follow us using one of the methods above.
I am very excited about the move, as it opens up a lot of options for me. When the site is officially moved, I’ll post a quick note on both the new recessiongardening.com and the WordPress link recessiongardening.wordpress.com If you don’t see that within 10 days, please check in manually.
I hope you will join me at the new site, and bring your friends and questions!